Friday, August 9, 2013

I really should be....

I am a big health nut, I rarely let any bad food come into my body, yet when it comes to fitness, I am the farthest from it.  I wish I could say I do yoga every other day and enjoy long runs around town, but it's just not true.  I struggle with the fitness part of my health and I really want to turn it around. I feel having an active daily routine would be a huge help not only with my digestive system, but my mental and emotional states as well. 

I have tried numerous plans and tried planners and videos, buying the cute clothing.  I did start a routine for a couple months last fall in 2012, then got injured and slacked for the past year. 

My motivation comes from climbing Mt. Adams with the leadership team at my college last year about this time.  The feeling when it was all over of exertion, physical ability, and over all strength was riveting and addicting I wanted more.  Due to lack of motivation and no one keeping me accountable, quite frankly lack of neeeeeed as was needed during my hike, I've stopped. 

I love hiking, dancing, and walking.  I regularly walk 1/2 mile to a mile a couple times a week, go swing dancing once a week and hike once a month or so.  Getting out of the house is not only good for your lungs in the fresh air, but your soul and your social appetite.

Life Gaiam.com says there's five ways to stay motivated to exercise regularly:

1. Change your perspective
2. Set a Goal
3. Set a regular work out time
4. Think fun and variety
5. Reach out to others for support

Here's my chart:

Day Exercise Stretch Time Goal
Mon Walk Thighs 30 min Gain more leg strength
Tues Yoga Arms 30 min Flexibility
Wed Swing Calves 2 hours Gain more leg strength
Thurs Zumba Arms 1 hour New
Fri Walk Thighs 30 min Gain more leg strength
Sat Hike Body 2 hours Go on all day hike in spring 2014
Sun        

Here's an example chart for you:

Day Exercise Stretch Time Goal
Mon        
Tues        
Wed        
Thurs        
Fri        
Sat        
Sun        

No comments:

Post a Comment